Graphic designers and marketers are always on the hunt for better designing and content creation tools. Visual expression is a growing approach to narrate ideas and convey messages creatively and in an appealing manner through pictures, media graphics, animations, illustrations, and videos. Corporates and businesses are incorporating them to expand reach and engagement.
Although, the most challenging mark is to choose among a large number of options available on the market and web for the same. From different features to price ranges, you need one that fits your budget and does the job for you. Canva and Visme are social media graphics designing platforms and visual representation tools, but the two have different clientele focus. Although, the question is, even though both the platforms have similar goals, which one is better?
Before we head towards the comparison, let’s study a little about both platforms and their key attributes.
The main selling point of Canva is to make graphic design software accessible for everyone. It is laid out with a variety of features for both a beginner-level designer and a pro. It provides users with ready-to-use templates for different marketing purposes, social media, and occasions. It is an excellent tool for creating banners, flyers, marketing invites, social media posts, logos, stickers, youtube thumbnails, gifs, and everything in between. The key to promoting confidence the brand has in itself is put through the words, ‘100% happiness guarantee’. They also give out ‘how to’ tutorials and lessons to its users for free and help them learn through and explore Canva.
- Image cropper and straightener
- Creating stickers
- Background removal
- Adding text to Pictures
- Presentation and infographics
- Image enhancer
- Creating printables and icons
- Learning via certified courses and blogs
- 5GB Cloud storage
Visme is a simple, drag-and-drop online graphics and editing software. The brand promotes confidence stating it helps you build the reputation you deserve. It is a great tool to design interactive reports, presentations, graphs, covers, infographics and much more. It is a powerful platform to convert boring data into creative visual communication. Its key feature is that it enables you to work in a group by organizing project data in different folders and granting role-based access to various team members. It is pretty popular for its object animation option, which you would not find on many online applications but only in editing software.
- Automation feature to automate publishing,
- Board room ready presentations,
- Analytics tracking published content’s effectiveness,
- Presentation- tools, templates, audio content and offline presenting,
- Templates and image editing
- Revision Management
- Flowchart and mapping
- Converting Text to Charts
- Animation and transition options
- Team collaboration and designing
Basic Or Free Version of Canva vs Visme
Before we head to knowing what the premium versions have to offer, let’s look at what the free model [INR 0] of both the platforms provide its users with.
|Canva Basic||Visme Basic|
|250,000+ free templates download in different file formats but include Canva signature. Available Cloud storage of 5GBHundreds of thousands of free images and graphics100+ design types (media posts, presentations, letters, and more)Inviting members to the team collaboration and comments in real-time||Templates & Design Assets LimitedLimited TemplatesAccess to free pictures and graphics available Cloud Storage of 100MBDownload designs as JPGPublic Projects – 5|
Although both platforms have quite a similarity regarding the services offered, their premium versions bring a lot more to the table. We do not get everything free, and they have more good instore. Hence we begin our comparison based on the pricing difference of Canva vs Visme.
A premium subscription of Canva pro is INR 3,999.00 for a team of 5 for a yearly subscription or INR500 for one month. They have different price options for increasing people in your group.
Canva Pro Benefits:
They offer all the features of the basic version, plus:
- Available Cloud storage of 100GB
- Stock images, videos, graphics and audios of 100 Million+
- Design templates of 610,000+ with daily new additions
- 100 Brand kits to customize and edit with your chosen fonts and illustrations
- Instant background removal
- Magic resize to resize designs infinitely
- Scheduling content to 8 different social media platforms
- Save designs as templates without Canva watermark.
Visme plus subscription is of different prices depending on the usage – Personal, Business and Enterprise. The cost varies for the three categories depending on a yearly subscription or if you need a single month.
A personal plus subscription has minimum added features for the US $12.25/ monthly for an annual subscription or the US $29.00 for a single month. Whereas a business plus subscription with extra benefits is for the US $24.75/ per user/ monthly for an annual subscription or the US $59.00/ per user for a single month.
Visme plus benefits:
Depending on the package plan, you get various benefits which we have differentiated below:
|Personal Plan||Business Plan||Enterprise|
|Storage – 250MBComplete access to designs and templates PDF download available24/7 customer support||Storage – 3GBComplete download options- Video, gifs, pdf, pptx &htmlAccess to Brand kit, collaboration, integration and analytics.Enhanced Privacy control||Storage- 25GBSSO (Single Sign-On)Customized sub-domain enhanced security options personalized training and onboarding|
Major Comparisons between Canva & Visme:
- Pricing: As we noticed, Canva has many of the features like Visma but has reasonable pricing options and added benefits, which may be missing in Visme’s personal plan alone.
- Customer support: Based on research and our experience alone, both platforms have well-managed customer support. However, Visme is the best with a faster response and an expert team that addresses the smallest of the queries.
- Collaboration: Though both applications have the collaboration option, Visme offers this service in this high range place i.e. the business and enterprise subscriptions.
- Mobile Application: A significant difference between Canva and Visme is that canva offers a convenient mobile app that we could easily use on the go for almost everything.
- Cloud storage: Although Canva offers ample storage space than Visme, file storage is more accessible in Visme as you can name different versions of the same file making it more flexible.
- Exporting: Visme allows various file export formats. However, if you are a digital marketer, we recommend Canva as it gives access to various file exports options in addition to the automated social media publishing feature. Simple schedule and forget—no hassle of downloading.
You can make the most of both platforms depending on your requirements. This area of content isn’t fading away anytime soon. Although Canva has over a 60million happy users worldwide, many pro-level designers look up to Visme for its professional features. We love Canva and Visme and would use both to get the best of both worlds.
Tell us, which one would you opt for? Also, check the difference between Canva & Figma.