Do you want to get certified for Google Analytics (GA)? Would you like to know How Much Does The Google Analytics Certification Cost? or Are you able to get the certification free of cost?
In this article, we will explain the importance of getting certified and what does it cost.
Google Analytics Certification
The Google Analytics certification was started by Google in 2018. Google decided to introduce this certification to help and support digital professionals. This certification is a great opportunity for digital experts to show their excellence and expertise in the use of analytics tools, strategies, and practices. The certification has the potential to boost your career and open new doors for you in the world of digital marketing. The training is taken on how to properly use Google Analytics features and also examine how these features can help clients with their businesses.
About Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a freemium web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. It shows the source of traffic, keywords users typed in search engines to find your website, which pages they visited, and other useful information.
It also allows you to track conversions and goals on your website, so you can see which pages perform better.
Google Analytics can help you answer questions like:
- How many people visit my website?
- What is the right marketing channel for my business? Should I invest more in Facebook ads or Google AdWords?
- Which blog posts are most popular among readers?
What is Google Analytics Certification?
Google Analytics certification is a professional accreditation that Google offers to individuals who demonstrate proficiency in basic and advanced aspects of Google Analytics.
To become a certified analyst in Google Analytics, one has to pass an examination conducted by Google. To earn the Google Analytics certification one must take the Google Analytics Individual Qualification (IQ) Exam , you’ll need to pass the exam with a score of at least 80%. If you pass the exam, then you’ll be able to demonstrate your proficiency in Google Analytics platform to potential employers and clients.
There are plenty of reasons to get the Google Analytics certification. For one, it’s always a good idea to look for ways to improve your resume. But even more important, knowing how to navigate Google Analytics can help you do your job better.
With that in mind, let’s break down exactly how much the Google Analytics certification costs.
How Much Does The Google Analytics Certification Cost?
Google only offers one level of certification, which is free. There are no fees to take the test, but you will need to pass a final exam with a score of 80% or better in order to receive your certificate.
There may be some costs involved if you opt to take a training course from a third-party provider before sitting for the exam. Some providers offer self-paced courses for around $90, while others offer instructor-led courses that may cost closer to $500 or more.
Courses to complete to get the Google Analytics Certification
Google recommends that you complete the following two courses before attempting the final test to earn your final certificate for Google Analytics Individual Qualification (GAIQ).
The academy offers two courses, namely:
This course shows you how to set up a Google Analytics account and apply tracking code—using Google Analytics interface and statistics. The training will also teach how to set up goals and track campaigns.
2. Advanced Google Analytics-
Advanced Google Analytics illustrates how data is collected and reported. You’ll learn how to use Custom Dimensions to collect customised data customized to your firm. This session will cover advanced analytical approaches such as segmentation and customized reporting.
These two courses are completely free to access and study. There is no compulsion to study these two courses and google offers you the freedom to take the test if you are sure of your competency over the subject matter. The certificate will allow you to add value to your resume, impress your boss, or just simply show off to your friends who don’t know much about Google Analytics.
Takeaway from the Google Analytics Course
You will learn the following things in the Google Analytics Certification Course:
- Principles and planning.
- Putting it into practice and collecting the necessary data.
- Setting up and maintaining a system.
- Checking attribution and conversion
- Metrics, reports, and measurements
Google Analytics Certification Details
You can take the exam to earn your certificate at any time. There are no prerequisites. Unlike exams for other digital marketing certifications there are no courses you need to take or training materials you are required to study before you attempt the exam.
- Google Analytics Certification: Google analytics certification is free
- Validity: The certification is valid for twelve months.
- Duration: Duration Of Exam is 60 MINUTES from beginning to end
- Total Number of Questions: 70 questions
- Types of Question: Multiple-choice and true/false questions are both included.
- Modules: The exam is divided into MODULES so that you can focus on a single subject at a time.
- Pass Percentage: You need to answer 80% questions correctly to qualify.
How Google Certification Exam Happen?: As soon as you get started, the timer starts ticking, and you can’t pause it off for any reason. It’s not possible to flag questions to return to throughout the exam period.
How to Prepare for the Exam?
To pass the test, you need to show that you understand digital analytics and Google Analytics.
The GAIQ exam covers four main areas:
- Marketing analytics. This includes an understanding of digital marketing channels, goals and metrics, attribution modelling and segmentation.
- Conversion optimisation. This includes setting up funnels, monitoring conversion rate and running A/B tests.
- Web analytics. This includes an understanding of visitor characteristics, website traffic sources, using data from other tools and measuring social media performance.
- Product analysis. This includes product performance metrics, product data collection and analysis techniques for e-commerce sites.
If you want to learn about these topics in detail before taking the exam, you can start with the free courses available online on Google Academy.
Yes, both the courses of Google Analytics for Beginners and Advanced as well as the certification on successful completion of the test are both Free. They are available on the Google Analytics Academy website online. You can easily sign up for the Google Analytics Academy Course by visiting the official website and choosing a course.
The Course Community is the best place to browse frequently asked questions, additional insights about Google Analytics that are not featured in the course, and post new queries that industry professionals and many other trainees can help answer.
So, get your free certificate today and enhance your CV.
Also, check the difference between Hotjar and Google Analytics.