Hootsuite is a popular social media management platform founded by Ryan Holmes in 2008. The company is headquartered in Vancouver, BC Canada. The platform has a user interface that takes the form of a dashboard and supports social network integrations with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Linkedin, and Pinterest among others. The platform has over 18 million users across the world.
Hootsuite is a Social Media management platform that allows you to manage all your social media posts from one place. It allows you to schedule all your social media posts across all social media networks in one place. It allows you to automatically schedule your content and review your posts in a simple calendar view. It allows you to monitor social media conversations, trends, and brand mentions across all social media platforms it supports. It facilitates responses to comments across social media through a single thread. It has an integrated social analytics dashboard that shows your top-performing content as well as insights about why it is performing well. It allows you to respond to your customers as well as assign or reassign social posts to team members to discuss the best way to respond.
Hootsuite offers five plans to customers. This includes the Free plan.
- The Free plan is a single user plan which allows 5 scheduled messages and 2 social accounts.
2. The Professional plan is available for USD 49 per month. It is available for 1 user and 10 social accounts. You can schedule unlimited posts with this plan and access messages in one Inbox. It allows you to schedule posts in advance and also to schedule multiple posts at a time.
3. The Team plan is available for USD 129 per month. It allows 3 users and 20 social accounts in addition to the features provided in the Professional plan. It also allows you to manage team access and roles with permissions. It also facilitates the assignment of posts or comments to team members.
4. The Business plan is available for USD 739 per month and allows 5 users and 35 social accounts in addition to the features available in the Team plan. This plan allows you to review messages before they are published. It also allows you to extend functionality with premium Apps. You also get 24*7 access to priority support.
5. Finally, there is an Enterprise plan which allows 5 plus users and 50 plus social accounts. This plan allows custom features and the pricing is also customized depending upon the features selected. In addition to the features provided in the Business plan, it allows you the following features:
- Automatically assign posts and comments to team members.
- Quarterly Business Review.
- Hootsuite Social Advertising.
- Promotion of Unlimited Posts.
- Report on Team Performance.
- Custom Solutions.
Like Hootsuite, Sendible is another Social Media Management platform. It was founded in 2008 by Gavin Hammar. It is headquartered in London, UK. It has more than 30 thousand customers across the globe. It claims to support more integrations than any other social media tool. Sendible promotes itself as a platform that allows you to manage social media at scale.
With Sendible you can customize and preview posts on any social media platform it supports. It has a built-in editor for managing images and it also supports Canva to design graphics. It facilitates the easy collaboration of your team and clients by setting up approval workflows. It allows you to build and automatically send custom reports. It allows you to schedule photos, videos, and image carousels directly to Instagram Business profiles. You can also add geotag locations and first comments with hashtags to increase discoverability. It allows you to source new content through Google alerts or topic suggestions. It allows you to auto-post RSS Feed. It facilitates bulk scheduling of content. It allows you to categorize content and create preset schedules for your posts. It has a content library that allows you to store hashtags and canned responses in one central location. Sendible allows you to plan your content and strategy in one place. It facilitates collaboration and approval of your social media posts. It has an inbuilt analytics tool that gives insights into your social data. You can monitor brand mentions and improve audience engagement. It is available as an App on Android and iOS.
In addition to the preset number of users and social profiles available with each plan Sendible allows you to add a bundle with more users and profiles after signing up. A more comprehensive list of features supported by each plan is available on the Sendible website. Sendible offers the following plans.
This plan is available for 29 USD a month billed monthly or 25 USD per month billed annually. It supports one user and 6 social profiles. It allows for direct posting on social networks and also allows you to engage and reply to comments. It supports 7 predefined social channels and up to 10 Smart Queues. The daily posting limit per user is 100 sends.
This plan is available for 89 USD a month billed monthly or for 76 USD per month billed annually. It supports up to 4 users and 24 social profiles. In addition to the features available under the Creator plan, it allows for Agency Directory listings. The daily posting limit per user is 200 sends and it allows for up to 30 Smart Queues per plan.
This plan is available for 199 USD per month billed monthly or 170 USD per month billed annually. It supports up to 7 users and 49 social profiles. In addition to the features available under the Traction plan, it allows for Cloud Integrations. It also allows up to 300 daily postings per user and a maximum of 70 Smart Queues per plan. It also allows for building up to 2 Custom Reports per user.
This plan is available for 399 USD per month billed monthly or 340 USD per month billed annually. This plan supports up to 15 users and 105 social profiles. The daily posting limit per user under this plan is 500 sends and up to 120 Smart Queues can be set up per plan. Up to 3 Custom Reports can be built per user.
Both Sendible and Hootsuite are leaders in the Social Media Management platform business, however, Hootsuite clearly has an advantage in terms of the number of users. In terms of affordability, Sendible pricing seems to be more reasonable and Sendible also offers customization of all its plans making it a more attractive proposition.