This is only part of our daily work, we do all the movements, but do you know how often you need to condition your hair? If you want healthy hair, you need to know how often it needs to be cleaned and conditioned. Should you condition your hair every day? once a week? Twice once a week?
The simple question is how often should you condition your hair, which is why we bring this blog to you to educate you all about the frequency and reasons of conditioning your hair throughout the week or month!
What is a Conditioner?
Conditioner is a hair moisturizer. It usually consists of cationic surfactants that soften hair, emollients, oils, and sometimes silicones. Silicone wraps the hair by locking in moisture, reducing frizz and increasing hair shine.
There are many types of conditioners on the market, many of which are suitable for different hair types and problems: dry hair, dyed hair, weak hair, curly hair, oily hair, curly hair.
Conditioner has three main purposes:
- Restores part of the moisture extracted by shampoo after chemical treatments such as dyeing and straightening
- Helps hair heal from heat damage, including hair dryer and curling iron damage
How Often Should You Condition Your Hair?
Hair experts emphasize the importance of using conditioners because they can moisturize and protect the hair. A good conditioner usually contains the necessary ingredients and nutrients. They work together to replenish moisture in the scalp and strengthen the hair.
This is a very important function because the scalp and hair are dehydrated every day. When you stop taking care of your hair, it will become dry, brittle and rough. The dehydrated strands lose their lustre and begin to become rough. It also increases the chance of hair breakage and hair loss problems.
One thing is certain, hair conditioning is an important step in any hair care routine. And the more conditioning your hair, the better. Your hair and scalp are unique, and the methods that work for everyone may not be right for you. If conditioning your hair every day makes your hair greasy and lifeless, stop doing it. On the other hand, if conditioning your hair every day makes your hair shiny, then stick to it.
The great thing about conditioner is that it is almost impossible to get too much moisture into your hair, but beware of these warning signs, they can make your hair too rough:
- Insufficient volume
- Excessive gloss
- Hard to set after heating
If any of these signs appear, please reduce your daily conditioning slightly until you find the best way for you.
It is likely that there are instructions in various hair care products that tell you how long to leave the conditioner, usually a few minutes. All you need to do is shower, wash, shave, and rinse off the conditioner after a few minutes. Make sure to rinse well to avoid leaving any residue.
3 Easy Steps to Condition your Hair
- Application: After thoroughly rinsing off the shampoo, pick up the conditioner and start working. The required quantity again depends on the length. For short hair, a dime size should be enough and increase by a quarter of the size with the hair length. The key is to make sure that your hair is completely covered from the roots to the ends. Start small and increase gradually until you find the quantity you want.
- Massage: Pick up the shampoo brush and massage the conditioner in. Brushes are a great way to keep your scalp unattended, because you can also get all the benefits of a good quality conditioner. It has the same consistency as the shampoo, but much thicker. So, if you have difficulty applying it, just dip your head in the shower and pour some water on your hair. Get a beautiful coat
- Leave It: It’s time to leave when it until it sets. Do not rinse off immediately. Give it time to marinate. It is important that all the vitamins, nutrients and essential oils in the rinsing fluid have time to penetrate into the hair follicles. Pick up your favorite body wash while waiting. Use loofah to cleanse the body. This is enough to make the hair conditioner work. Then you will take a shower during the last flush and then slay all day long.
Can You Condition Your Hair Without Shampooing?
So, co-washing has become the new favorite of many women. They condition their hair every day without using shampoo beforehand. This technique allows you to shake your oily hair on days when you are not wearing it. This usually occurs in women with fine hair. It may be better to use less conditioner and/or after shampooing.
Why Does Hair Get Greasy or Oily?
If your hair becomes very greasy, you should reduce the number of shampoos. At first you will notice that your hair has become very greasy, but this is a good thing. If you can, leave it there for a week or more. Then wash it off. This will help your hair gradually become less greasy.
If your hair is not greasy or dirty, you don’t need to wash your hair every day. You should only wash if you sweat a lot or are dirty. Wash your hair 2-3 times a week for best results.
According to expert advice, the frequency of conditioning varies from person to person, so you need to determine your hair type first, and then estimate how much moisture they need based on your specific needs.
Let us know if this article helped your hair getter better!