Fiverr, a well-known platform with a variety of digital marketing freelance services on offer comes with much speculation and a both good and bad reviews behind it. These may have you question yourself, ‘Is Fiverr legitimate?’ The fact cannot be denied that Fiverr does come with its share of unreasonable gigs, but if you know which signs to look for before you start dealing here, you can easily avoid getting scammed.
So, suppose you are interested in using Fiverr as a seller or buyer check this article to avoid being scammed. Fiverr. In that case, is one of the world’s largest marketplaces for digital services with a database of over 3 million gigs and is one of the best platforms to get your projects done. However, before you jump into it, you will probably be plagued with questions like is Fiverr safe, secure, and trustworthy? We will delve deeper into it in this post.
What is Fiverr?
Fiverr is essentially an online marketplace where you can buy and sell services. Instituted back in 2010, the cost of one gig was kept at $5, which also accounts for its name. However, with time, the $5 price limit was done away with, and gigs quality and quantity have risen severalfold since. With a database of more than 3 million gigs, today, you can find just about any digital service here.
What is Fiverr’s working pattern?
Working on Fiverr is pretty much like any other marketplace where sellers enlist services in the form of gigs, and interested buyers come up with questions. Upon receivingg satisfactory answers, these buyers decide to purchase them. Fiverr acts like an intermediary that ensures a win-win for both parties. It puts aside a margin of 20 percent of each transaction. Fiverr pays the seller within 2 weeks after the seller delivers the gig and a confirmation from the buyer on the delivery is received.
Cost & Type of Fiverr gigs
Gigs on Fiverr refers to the services that are offered by freelancers or sellers on this website. The prices range from $5 to $10,000. The categories in the marketplace, under which the gigs are broadly divided include Graphics and Design, Writing and Translation, Digital marketing, Video and Animation, Music and Audio, Programming and Tech, Business and Lifestyle.
Is Fiverr legitimate?
Fiverr is certainly a legitimate and safe platform for sellers and buyers alike. There, however, maybe an exceptional incidence of those trying to sell you sub-standard service that is not in accordance with what had been advertised or those who try to take undue advantage of your service.
However, buyers can evaluate the order and report whether it fulfills the requirement or not. So, to answer the question is Fiverr legitimate? Yes it is.
Reasons why Fiverr is a Legitimate and Genuine Platform
- It also has robust customer support to resolve issues and get back to you within a day’s time after a ticket has been raised.
- Moreover, Fiverr has been around for a while now and has built a reputation over time. So, if you are thinking, ‘Is Fiverr safe?’, they are not going to bolt with your money. In fact, they also provide a money refund policy in full or partially, on the occasion of untimely delivery, in case you do not wish to extend the delivery time limit.
- The question, Is Fiverr safe, is again addressed adequately by the fact that the platform keeps a proper and detailed record of all transactions made here.
- Fiverr also ensures all your personal details and information, that you do not want to make public or share with others, are well protected.
- They also have an SSL certificate to this effect that again dispels all doubts about the question, Is Fiverr legitimate?
- The Fiverr website is an all-encompassing one and quite elaborate when it comes to making the right choice from their list of sellers/service providers. They make it easy for buyers to find quality freelancer sellers by showing their ratings, levels, and reviews/testimonials as posted by other buyers.
Fiverr’s Recent Upgrade
In recent days, Fiverr has taken further steps to make the platform even more robust and legitimate by introducing a testing procedure for sellers. As a buyer, you can view whether a particular seller has passed this test, which will clearly indicate the seller’s professionalismou can use this tool if you harbor doubts about the legitimacy of a seller, and keep yourself from getting trapped by hustlers.
Moreover, all sellers also need to undergo a further verification process to provide information about their background and education.
How to solve commonly faced Fiverr problems?
Fiverr provides a list of comprehensive solutions to problems you may encounter when making transactions on their website.
Q- What happens if a seller has poor quality service?
You can ask for a refund if unsatisfied.
Q- What happens if a seller does not maintain delivery time commitments?
You can ask for a refund if the seller is not resolving the issue.
What happens if a seller has delivered the service but not according to what was advertised?
On your next assignment, you can ask specific questions before placing the order to clear matters beforehand.
To answer the big question, is Fiverr legitimate? It is a fair, safe and trustworthy freelancing platform for buyers and sellers alike. The website has put in place several comprehensive tools that will keep you from falling into the trap of scammers or those putting up fake advertisements. They also have whole refund policies for late or inadequate deliveries. They have strong encryption, high-end anti-fraud features, and the latest data security which keeps the website safe for users.