There’s no magic formula to losing weight. It would help if you combined the perfect diet, exercise, and a positive attitude.
With these three things in your mind, you are ready to start your journey to losing weight fast. However, don’t forget that what works for others may not work for you and vice versa. The key is to find your way while following some general guidelines regarding losing weight.
Don’t start any workout program without consulting your health care professional or a certified trainer who is skilled in designing programs that work best for you and has training experience with people who have similar goals.
Tips to Lose Bum And Thigh Fat In 2 Weeks
Do this for two weeks and see how things change!
I. Clean up Your Diet
1. Alcohol and caffeine are both empty calories.
- Caffeine is a stimulant that can make you feel energized, focused, and productive—but it also makes your heart race and raises blood pressure.
- We generally drink coffee or tea daily to get through the workday without falling asleep at our desks (which is understandable). But if you’d like to lose some weight, try cutting back on the caffeine for a few weeks so those extra pounds can come off more easily.
Tea and Coffee contain no nutritional value and are highly addictive, making it difficult to stop consuming them once they become part of your life.
2. Cutting back on salt and sugar
- The ideal recommendation for an adult is a maximum of 1 teaspoon (5 grams) salt and five teaspoons (25 grams) sugar per day.
- Check the product labels of packaged goods to be aware of your hidden sugar and salt intake. Check this video to understand more.
- If this is your first time trying to cut back on salt and sugar, it may be hard at first, but the results are worth it. Keep some fresh fruit handy so that you can snack on something healthy.
You are what you eat. Be mindful.
3. Remove Junk food from your diet
- The next time you shop from the grocery store, replace the junk foods with healthier ones.
- Try eating less breaded meats and other fast food, too—these foods often have added sodium and are high in calories, so they’ll make gaining weight even more effortless.
II. Exercise is a Must
1. A Little Cardio Goes a Long Way
While you might think that losing fat from your thighs and bum is cutting calories, one crucial thing that matters more is burning more calories than you eat. And the best way to do this is through cardiovascular exercise.
- Cardio burns many calories and increases your metabolism to burn fat more efficiently throughout the day.
- Aim for 30 minutes of rigorous cardio exercises at least three times weekly.
- You can split it into two 15-minute sessions if that works better for your schedule and fitness level, but try not to go below 15 minutes in one session unless you’re doing something intense like HIIT training or an interval training class (more on those later).
- If you’re starting and unsure how much time is appropriate for your goals, talk with a trainer at your gym who can help guide you.
Your goal should be 30 minutes cardio per day with enough intensity to leave little room for chatting!
2. Strength Training Exercises
Strength training helps increase muscle mass, which increases your metabolism. The more muscle you have on your body (and the more fit that muscle is), the higher your metabolism will be. As discussed above in these tips, having a high metabolism means burning more calories throughout the day – even at rest!
3. Lunges Can Help Too
Here’s how to do them:
- Get into a lunge position with your right foot forward, knee bent at 90 degrees, back straight, and hands-on-hips.
- Step forward with your left foot, so both knees are bent at 90 degrees. Keep your weight in the middle of both feet as much as possible throughout this exercise.
- Push off the ground and return to a standing position (staying low). Repeat for 12-15 reps on each side of your legs. Do this 2 or 3 times per week for the best results!
4. Squats are All You Need
Squats are the most effective and efficient exercise you can do to lose weight in your bum and thighs. Squats can help you get rid of this problem area and start seeing results. They will help tighten your thighs, hips, and bottom by targeting these muscles. You can do squats at home or in the gym with a simple chair or bench. Check how to do the perfect squats here.
III. Reduce Your Stress Levels
Stress is one of the leading causes of weight gain, and it can make you eat unhealthy food. Stress can also slow down your metabolism, making it harder to burn away the fat in your body.
The best way to reduce stress is by exercising and getting plenty of sleep. Exercise boosts endorphins, which make you feel happier and more energetic. Getting enough sleep will help your body recover from daily activities to function correctly again tomorrow.
As well as these two simple habits, try meditating regularly or doing yoga to help relieve stress levels!
Must Read: How to remove negative thoughts from your subconscious mind.
IV. Go to bed half an hour earlier
It would help if you had an adequate sleep to lose bum and thigh fat.
Getting enough sleep is crucial to shedding the fat around your thigh and butt. Sleep deprivation has been linked with increased levels of cortisol—a stress hormone that can cause your body to store more fat—so sleeping late is not an option if you want to burn away that stubborn fat around your midsection.
V. Balance Your Hormones
- If you’re struggling with a hormonal imbalance, it’s crucial to get that checked out by a doctor.
- Estrogen dominance (when there is too much estrogen in the system) is caused by stress and excessive exercise. It can also be due to a diet high in sugar and refined carbohydrates and low in quality fats.
To wrap up, we have looked at several lifestyle changes you can make that will go a long way in helping you lose bum and thigh fat in 2 weeks.
The main points to remember are keeping your diet healthy and clean, exercising regularly for better results, and getting enough rest and sleep. Not only will these changes help you lose weight, but they will also help you maintain healthy body weight for years to come.