The world is changing quickly, and the gaming industry, too. You must have played those vintage console games, future Xbox and PlayStation. And, with the technology and the pattern they come up with, we are sure you’re probably bored. If so, it is high time you should check out new ways to enjoy futuristic games.
That’s where Virtual Reality games (or VR games) come into the picture. They provide a gamer much more enticing and engaging experience. If you are a hardcore gaming fan, you are probably in awe of it, considering how they give you a mesmerizing perspective on the gaming universe.
Perhaps the most attractive and trendy alternative is Oculus Quest 2 (meta quest 2). This is undoubtedly one of the best options available at this point, developed by Facebook Reality Labs to give their users a meta Universe experience.
With Oculus Quest 2, you can play many games, which is an entirely different experience for which other devices are no match. After wearing the headset, you are in the virtual world where you can access a wide range of games you love.
Play steam games on Oculus Quest 2 without a PC
If you are a hardcore gamer or even a gaming fan, you would have probably noticed that games are getting bigger (attributing to their better graphics and entailments) and more hardware-consuming. It doesn’t matter which platform you use to play games. Be it Consoles or PC, fun, in general, is getting bigger; they want more space on your drive.
You might ask if there is an option.
The answer is Yes. Here, PlutoSphere, a cloud streaming service, comes to your rescue. You can easily play games from PlutoSphere without any hardware, where you can directly stream games into your VR in exchange for some money.
Why Should You Use PlutoSphere?
There are numerous ways to steam on Oculus Quest 2, but some options are expensive, making it unaffordable for many gaming fans. And some, on the other hand, require high-end hardware, which could be a bad deal for some.
This is one of the prominent reasons why PlutoSphere is generally recommended. Let’s look at some of the benefits of using this platform.
- Considering the kind of gaming experience it provides, currently, it is one of the best.
- Yet another factor why PlutoSphere supersedes the other streaming VRs is its reliability.
- PlutoSphere is a newer gaming service and is available at a reasonable price. Due to its affordability yet passionately exciting features, it has its fan base these days. They run games on their remote server and stream them directly to your VR headset.
- If you want to try PlutoSphere, you can get free early access. For early access, they are offering 600 tokens – which means you can play games for 8 hours without paying.
You can access a virtual Windows desktop through the Oculus Quest 2, available on the Amazon Web services. After downloading games and signing in, you can play any game you have installed, and PlutoSphere serves as a library of the games.
Requirements for Steam VR Games
Here are some requirements that you must fulfill if you want to StreamVR.
- 50Mbps download speed.
- 5Ghz or WiFi 6 wireless internet connection
- A Steam account
- A Quest/Quest 2
- A device that can run SideQuest
- Less than 100ms ping to an AWS region. Test here. (Less than 50ms for best performance/quality.)
Review of PlutoSphere
Like other online streaming platforms, it’s also not perfect, and it, too, needs improvements.
- Their image processing is sharp, and there are no streaming artifacts. In the game, sometimes black bars appear, but it’s manageable.
- Game latency is acceptable. But there, you can stream only 1080p for better performance with the input lag 20Ms. If you’re considering playing competition with it, it could be a bit of a struggle. Because sometimes games get a lot of stuttering, we recommend playing games on low graphics settings for a better experience if such a problem persists.
- PlutoSphere is, however, working on its service to get better.
Specifications of PlutoSphere
Here are the specifications of PlutoSphere
- Intel Xeon Platinum 8259CL CPU @ 2.50 GHz
- NVIDIA Tesla T4
- 32GB RAM
- Video Quality 4K60fps, 1080p60, 720p60
- The refresh rate for VR 72hz max
1. Superhot VR
If you are a person who loves to feel thrilled while playing, then you should try superhot VR. It’s available on every platform and is one of the action pack games available right now.
It is a movement-based game where you have to shoot your enemies with the guns to get a victory. It’s a fully action-based game that reminds you of the Matrix gun shooting scene.
It’s a successor of half-life and half-life two and a first-person shooting game for a VR headset. This game has already got huge success on other platforms. So, if you are a pro, you should try it at least once.
If you want an excellent apocalypse story and great graphics, this game is perfect for you.
3. Beat Saber
This is perfect for you if you are starting on VR games and don’t know what you should begin with. With the help of this game, you can practice handling your controller more accurately.
This is a casual game; if you have kids in your family, they are going to love this game without a doubt. So make sure you try this out.
The VR games market is growing massively in comparison to other markets. Everyone wants to dive into the games, and VR gaming companies try to do it faster than anyone else. We hope the VR experience improves more in the future so we can enjoy more things on the online servers.
Recommended: How to play roblox on oculus quest 2 without a PC?