Your job may require you to work with PDF files, but if you’re stuck in a meeting or out at a client’s site and need to make quick edits on the go, chances are good that you’ll have your laptop with you. If this is the case, there are two ways to quickly update your documents: online conversion software or desktop software.
Why convert a PDF to Excel?
PDFs are great for organizing and storing data, but—as anyone who works in data knows—it can be hard to make edits or create charts. That’s because most PDF readers don’t have the same features as MS Excel.
But what if you could convert that PDF into a workbook with all of those features? That would be amazing! And it’s exactly what this tool does: it allows you to easily convert your PDF into an Excel file to make edits, add comments and more.
Use online conversion software
Online conversion software is a good option if you’re looking for a simple way to convert your PDF to Excel. All of the software being tested was free and easy to use, and none required any special installation on your computers. The only drawback is that many options are available, so it can take some time to find the best option.
Use desktop software
For the most part, you can use any desktop application to convert your PDFs to Excel. Make sure it’s compatible with .xls files and you’re good to go. This is the easiest way for converting your PDFs because it’s a one-step process: simply select the file(s) and hit ‘convert’. If you want some additional features, there are also paid applications available.
Cloud-based apps offer more features than those installed on your computer (which might need help to handle heavy loads). However, both apps work fine as long as they’re compatible with MS Excel format. Adobe Acrobat says, “PDF to Excel converter tool makes a high-quality file which you can work with on Mac or Windows.”
A few things worth mentioning here: if you don’t have much experience using software like this before, then It’s suggested downloading a free trial version first so that you can get used to how it operates before committing yourself financially.
Manually convert your PDF to Excel
- There’s no need to worry about converting your PDFs manually. Excel makes it easy for you.
- Once you’ve got your PDF file open, click the View tab at the top of Excel.
- In the Presentation section, click Switch To Reading Mode. This will make it easier for you to edit your file if there are any charts or graphs within it that may be difficult to read normally on screen (which isn’t as big of a problem with more modern versions of Office).
- Click File > Open > Browse For File and select your desired PDF document from wherever you stored it on your computer or cloud storage service.
- Click Open in order to import this document into Excel and view its contents in full-screen mode so that they look clear enough while editing them later on today’s task list!
Hopefully, that helped you understand how to use PDF to Excel conversion and why it’s such a useful tool. The ability to convert and edit documents easily without needing additional software makes this service beneficial for businesses of all sizes.