Many businesses look at rank tracking as a regular research step in a myriad of checks to estimate success. Nevertheless, rank tracking is more than pinpointing where your business website is positioned. Furthermore, your business website might be objectively stellar regarding design and content, but its position can still be better.
That is when a good rank tracker becomes necessary. One comprehensive rank tracking program lets you get a complete picture of how your business offer actually ranks. Furthermore, that is a spring of fresh and clear ideas on promoting your business offers better. So, how does comprehensive rank tracking help your business project?
1. Local Ranks Give You More Niche Audiences to Target
Suppose you sell natural cosmetics in Connecticut but suddenly see that 60% of clicks on your website are from Arkansas. Does that mean you have to alter your strategy and focus on Arkansas buyers solely? No. Does that mean it is wise to enhance your strategy and content to give Arkansas audience more interesting offers while sustaining your campaign in Connecticut? Absolutely yes.
A native rank tracker is necessary for the mentioned case and to research how your website ranks in different cities. That gives you even more specifics to meditate on! Imagine you are now a seller in the Netherlands, and you discover how your offers are in great demand in France. Furthermore, you can see you have many engaged website visitors from Paris! This second might be the best time to hire an advertiser who speaks French and specializes in local ads because you have the best chance to broaden your audience in a region that deserves your additional attention.
2. Keyword Research Is Among the Priorities, but Many Businesses Do It Wrong
Keyword research is the #1 necessity because it helps you understand how people search for content and offers. It can help you find words that describe your business’s offers so people can easily find them. Remember that keywords exist to categorize different types of content and offers, so people know what to look for.
Of course, you might use the hottest keywords… And still, you see that your business website ranks poorly. That is the moment when you use your keyword tracking tool to get a report on how your website ranks with different keywords. So, you might see that your prioritized phrase does not boost your site’s performance, while an ignored one gives you more traffic.
Nevertheless, that is not everything! Several keyword metrics can give you stellar ideas and chances to rank #1 immediately. So, be attentive to
- Volume. The volume shows how many inquiries people make with that keyword. As a rule, only a few keywords have 1K+ volumes, while others might range from 0 to 900. Of course, null volume keywords are not as effective, but you may use them once in case someone types that inquiry. Prioritize keywords with 1-3K volumes (and never miss those with 10K+!!) but also add several synonymic and relevant phrases with lower volumes.
- KD — Keyword Difficulty. That significative demonstrates how challenging it is to use this keyword to rank well. 50KD is challenging enough, and you must remember that there are other more effective ways to rank. So, use several high-KD words only if they have great volumes and relevance for your niche, but prioritize how-KD phrases with identical or bigger volumes.
- Keyword Length. It should have been designated keyword specificity, but it is what it is. Long keywords are your chance to specify the category, while short phrases are usually general and overused, making your business offer drown in the informational ocean. Hence, get a tool that lets you analyze keyword length and suggests better specifications to let you find engaged audiences for your offers.
- Keyword Density. Phrase spam will not become the reason for your ban, but it might be among the reasons that rank your offers down. Ensure you use keywords sparingly, even when they have great volumes and unchallenging KDs. It is sufficient when you have 5-8 uses in a 1K promotional post or regular blog post.
- Enters/leaves the top. Keywords enter and leave search results, so it is necessary to check them regularly. Many e-commerce websites successfully use active keywords, but that does not mean they are the best options! Make sure you have a trend and keyword change report, so you always have an updated picture of your niche.
3. Competitor Research Gives You More than Success Comparisons
Researching your competitors is about more than just measuring the difference in success and the total number of offers. It is also about finding how to be more successful and grow faster in a particular niche.
That means that competitor research should give you an idea of the most successful competitors and those who failed to rank. First and foremost, that is your best chance to learn from their mistakes without experiencing the detriments of faulty, evidence-lacking, and misleading decisions. Second, it is advisable to focus not only on what your competitors have… but also on what they DO NOT have.
Comprehensive research lets you pinpoint topics that need more elucidation and give you room to use high-volume low-KD keywords. Becoming the first solution-finder in your niche, in turn, makes your website rank at the top almost instantly. Sustain that result, update that content, and your business site will gain more clicks and engaged buyers!
4. Desktop and Mobile Ranking Checks (separately)
Google is a desktop search engine that has also started focusing on mobile users. That means that you should monitor both versions separately and compare the results. A similar page may rank higher in one version, while a faster-loading page may outrank it with different content! Your business needs to understand how this structure works so that you can adjust your content accordingly.
Rank tracking gives you more data and insights than it might seem. Given the significance of that information, it is wise to store it to see the dynamics of your progress and business growth. Remember that opportunities might be merely hiding from you, but the right instruments let you dig deeper and get chances to make 300% out of your actions!