If you use the Oculus Quest 2 and want to play Roblox on it, you might wonder if it is possible to play without a PC. This post will show you how to play on Roblox using Oculus Quest 2 without a PC.
Roblox is a gaming platform and marketplace that allows players to play games online. Roblox isn’t a game; it’s a platform where users may play games created by others. It resembles the PC platform Steam. All the games on Roblox are created by its players, which sets it apart from anything else in the gaming business, including a storefront like Steam. Playing games isn’t the only way to have fun on Roblox; you can also make games. These games are not created by Roblox Corporation but rather by Roblox users. According to the official website, approximately 20 million games have been published on the platform.
Oculus Quest 2
Oculus Quest 2 is one of the best VR headsets in the world today. It has a lot of great features, and it is an excellent product. It has great immersion and an extensive library of games. The headset also offers a good field of view (FOV) to enjoy your virtual reality experience.
The Oculus Quest 2 is an advanced version and does not need a PC to operate. You can easily enjoy different Virtual Reality games with just your headset and controllers without the use of a PC. You will, however, need to connect to your Smartphone Occulus app. Please note, however, that if you do not connect to a gaming computer, you will not be able to access the Rift titles. However, hooking it up to a PC will open an entire library of PC-only content.
How to Play Roblox using Oculus Quest 2 without a PC?
Though Quest 2 allows standalone VR games to run without any PC, you will not be able to play Roblox on it without the support of a gaming PC. Roblox should ideally be available on Oculus Quest 2, but the issue is that the makers of Roblox have not launched any app or software that can run on Quest 2. This is why Roblox games cannot currently run on Quest 2 without a gaming PC.
So, no platform or app is available to launch Roblox on Occulus Quest 2. Roblox’s site mentions explicitly that it supports Occulus Rift.
Enhance your Roblox experience with virtual reality! Roblox supports Oculus Rift and HTC Vive on Windows PCs.
But there is still no mention of the Oculus Rift 2 or any update regarding the standalone version of the game that can run on Oculus Rift 2 without a PC.
Other Stand-Alone games for Oculus Quest 2
As explained above, Oculus Quest 2 is a standalone VR headset. It does not need a PC to work for some compatible games. The Oculus Quest 2 can be used for playing these standalone games without a PC.
These are some of the standalone games available for Oculus Quest 2.
- SUPERHOT VR,
- Journey of the Gods,
- Lies Beneath,
- Echo VR,
- Beat Saber,
- Pistol Whip,
- The Thrill of the Fight,
- In Death: Unchained,
- Gorilla Tag,
- Eleven: Table Tennis,
- A Township Tale.
Advantages of Oculus Quest 2
Oculus Quest 2 is the latest standalone headset from Oculus. It has a higher resolution and is more powerful than its predecessor. Let’s look at some of its advantages.
- You do not need any PC and do not need to connect to any wires to play virtual reality games on Oculus Quest 2.
- The new touch controllers are small and naturally fit into your hands. They also have a thumb support feature to increase stability.
- The Occulus Inside Tracking System uses four ultra-wide computer sensors and a computer vision algorithm. This easily translates the user’s movement to VR, irrespective of the direction you face. It provides room scaling and tracking without any external sensors.
- The new Quest 2 has a Fast-Switch LCD Display; 1832 x 1920 Resolution Per Eye; 60, 72, and 90 Hz Refresh Rate. The device is Glasses Compatible.
- You get a 3D positional audio with the device that is built directly into the headset. There is a 3.5 mm audio port lets you play the audio with or without headphones.
- It is easy and instant to set up. It can be set up in your home or any other external space if you travel a lot. It can be easily set up in different room sizes.
- You can play the game standing or sitting. It features a guiding safety system that helps you avoid nearby objects while playing.
- It keeps you within your play space by remembering its boundaries. As an added advantage, it can remember multiple play spaces.
- It is available in 128 and 256 GB versions.
So, to play on the Oculus Quest 2 system, plug in your headphones (if needed), take the controllers and put on your Quest 2 headset to start playing immediately.
Because the Oculus Quest 2 is a standalone device with access to the Oculus Store, it makes sense that Roblox VR would be included. On the other hand, Roblox’s developers have yet to build native software for the Oculus Quest 2. For the time being, the only method to play Roblox VR on the Quest 2 is to connect it to a PC.
Fortunately, connecting the Oculus Quest 2 to a PC is simple. It can use the Oculus Link function with a USB-C cord (or USB-A to USB-C) or stream games from the PC wirelessly with a different application.