When you have to do research, locate keywords, and spy on your competition, what’s the first thing that springs to mind? Isn’t it a keyword research tool? SEMrush and Ubersuggest are two of the most popular keyword research tools. It might be challenging to identify and choose the ideal keyword research tool that will make your life easier while also providing you with a wealth of features at a reasonable price.
If you’re not sure which tool to choose, this SEMrush vs. Ubersuggest comparison will help you determine which is the most relevant, cost-effective, and feature-rich solution for your needs.
What is Semrush?
SEMrush is a comprehensive marketing tool that goes beyond keyword research and SEO. It provides consumers with services such as PPC, content marketing, social media, SEO, and market research, making it a comprehensive digital marketing toolkit. SEMrush helps you improve your website’s position, research keywords, analyze competitors, and find the best content in your niche, among other things.
Characteristics of SEMrush
- Domain analytics and website audit
- High-end keyword research.
- Analysis of backlinks
- Analyze your competitors.
- Marketing knowledge.
- Rank monitor.
- Analytical traffic.
- Keyword research and analytics for PPC campaigns.
- The process of generating leads.
- Tracking and sharing on social media.
- With Traffic Jet, you can manage your ads.
- Templates and aides for content and SEO.
- Free trial period with limitations and limited access to essential functions.
What is Ubersuggest?
Ubersuggest is an all-in-one SEO solution that helps you increase the number of visitors to your website. It offers a robust keyword research tool that aids in the discovery of keywords depending on your seed keyword. You can see which pages are ranking for these keywords, how many backlinks they have, how much traffic they get, and how many backlinks you’ll need to outrank a competitor in the SERPs.
Characteristics of Ubersuggest
- In-depth keyword research.
- Keywords and content suggestions
- The analyzer of traffic.
- Overview of the top pages of the domain.
- Audit of the location.
- Analysis of backlinks
- Analyze your competitors.
- All main features are available for free during the trial period.
Semrush Vs. Ubersuggest – A Comparison
The ease of use and user interface are essential considerations when deciding which keyword research and SEO tool are best for your company. If it requires training and time to become accustomed to the system, it will prove to be too pricey for your company in the long run. Before your team members can get the most out of the tool, you’ll need to train them.
1. Ease of Use
- SEMrush and Ubersuggest are both equally simple to use, however, Ubersuggest is far more basic and beginner-friendly. Without any training, you can start right away. You’ll know how to utilize the tool as soon as you register because everything is self-explanatory.
- There is a learning curve with SEMrush. It will become easier after you understand how to use the tool.
- Both products have similar dashboard layouts, with a left-side sidebar containing access to all of the critical regions and functions. However, SEMrush is a little difficult to use and does not appear to be user-friendly. Ubersuggest has a basic and clean dashboard design that emphasizes simplicity without being overly cluttered.
2. Keyword Research
In terms of keyword research, content ideas, keyword ideas, anticipated search traffic, and other features, both the programs excel.
- SEMrush’s keyword analytics include variants and suggestions, CPC, CPM, historical data, global and local search traffic, trend, top SERP results, and ad history of the advertisements bidding on the term. The information is quite crucial in assisting you in determining the best keywords to utilize to drastically boost your website’s rating.
- However, the free plan of SEMrush lacks many of these capabilities. The access is restricted, and keyword research is only possible if you subscribe to a premium subscription. With the free plan, you’ll get minimum results that aren’t very useful.
- Ubersuggest, on the other hand, displays search volume for the keyword you’re looking for on mobile and desktop.
This information is primarily concerned with SEO and enhancing search engine rankings. There are many differences between SEMrush and Ubersuggest.
- Ubersuggest focuses on improving your site’s position by demonstrating precisely what you need to do to rank on the first page of Google for a term. The wonderful part is that you can use these services even if you have a free plan. There are no limitations, and regardless of your package, you get full access to all services. There is, however, a daily search query limit that can be overcome by upgrading to a premium subscription.
3. Backlink Analysis
Keyword research, SEO, and ranking all benefit from backlink analysis. Both of these tools include up-to-date backlink analytics that shows you a complete list of backlinks heading to your website as well as competing sites.
- SEMrush provides an in-depth analysis of any domain’s backlinks. Total backlinks, referring domains, authority score, SEMrush ranking, competitors, anchor texts, ranking, top keywords, traffic, backlink history, indexed pages, and much more are all included in this report. The information is current and can be used to spot changes and spy on your competition.
- Ubersuggest features a backlink analysis function that displays historical backlink data, referring domains, new and lost backlinks, domain score, monthly traffic, and complete backlink detail with anchor texts. You may narrow your search and examine the website’s ranking pages, social shares, keywords a page rank for, backlinks it has, and a wealth of additional information.
- Both of these tools makes it simple to study the backlinks of any website (even your own).
- SEMrush however gives you restricted access and doesn’t supply you with a lot of information. With the free plan, Ubersuggest provides a lot of data.
4. Site Audit
An SEO tool’s site audit is a must-have function that users expect. You can conduct an audit of your website to look for on-page SEO and technical issues, and then take the required steps to correct any errors or warnings.
- Uber suggest also has an entire site audit feature that looks for on-page and technical SEO concerns on your website. The site audit report identifies significant issues, warnings, and recommendations that will help you enhance the ranking of your website. It performs a 44-point SEO audit on your website. Uber suggests how to correct these issues and warnings, as well as the difficulty level and SEO implications.
- This makes prioritizing issues based on their severity and impacts much easy. For example, regardless of their difficulty level, you can choose to correct all problems, warnings, and suggestions that have a strong SEO impact.
- Both programs provide in-depth site auditing capabilities, as well as a wealth of data and recommendations. SEMrush features a good site audit report that covers a lot of important ranking and SEO factors, but it’s not free. The site audit report will be the least useful if you are using a free SEMrush service because most of the data will be concealed.
- Ubersuggest has a growing site audit function that comes with several features for free. With a free plan, you can get the full report of your website. This improves the user-friendliness and utility of the Uber suggest site audit. Because on-page and technical SEO variables are comparable, both programs provide equally complete audit results in terms of faults, warnings, and recommendations. It boils down to your financial situation. Uber suggest is an excellent option if you’re looking for a low-cost site auditing solution.The cost of SEMrush might not worry you if you have a massive company with a large marketing budget.
5. Competitive Analysis
You must examine your competitors’ strategies to make your website flourish. This can help you generate more content ideas and identify areas where you need to improve.
- In this regard, SEMrush and Ubersuggest offers the right tools for the task.
- You’ll get a precise analysis from Ubersuggest that includes organic keywords, monthly traffic, domain score, backlinks, and top SEO sites. This provides an immediate indication of how well a rival domain is performing. It is a basic but powerful task and it compares your keywords to those of your competitors. You’ll get the specific information about volume, SEO difficulties, and CPC.
SEMrush and Ubersuggest both have their advantages and disadvantages. SEMrush is an all-in-one marketing tool with a lot of features that aren’t just for SEO and keyword research. PPC, content, and lead creation are all covered. On the downside, the free plan only provides restricted access to services. Ubersuggest, on the other hand, is simple to use, user-friendly, and SEO-focused. It’s an all-in-one SEO solution that focuses on increasing organic traffic to your website.
Ubersuggest is thus a specialized SEO tool. Its free plan allows you more access to features. When compared to SEMrush, Ubersuggest is more cost-effective, so keep that in mind if you’re thinking about upgrading to a subscription plan.