With working from home in this pandemic becoming the new normal, many businesses are making their big shift to focus on digital marketing and spending their set aside budgets on PPC becoming their priority. Google AdWords, which has been in operation since October 2000, offering advertising spots on Google Search results and other partner sites, has been expanding to cover multiple forms of placement.
In today’s world, almost 95% of Google’s revenue comes from advertising, with over 86% of customers using google results to find local businesses, ensures that Google Ads is the next big thing on the internet.
If you are looking to invest in Google Ads for your online business, here is an overview of the types of Google Ads Campaigns and how they can boom your business.
7 Types of Google Ads Campaign
1# Search Network Campaign
One of the most commonly used Ad’s campaigns is the Google Search Network, which only allows you to show text ads on the search engine result pages. Through the power of keyword searching, ads make an impression on search engines once a user searches for a specific keyword.
It not only encourages the users to click open your business website through ads, but also targets the consumers to actively search for products and services they are looking to buy.
Benefits of Search Network Campaign
- Easy performance measurement
- Increased direct conversions
- Cost-Effective, one time payment
- Allows extreme optimization
- Increased leads, almost 3.5 billion Google searches happen everyday
2# Video Ads Campaign
This campaign shows video ads through popular video content sites such as YouTube & TikTok, as well as across the Google Display Network. With features of easy set-up and manageable nature, it uses videos from your video content account to follow the ad performance in order to tweak video marketing as per your preference.
There are three types of video ads campaigns:
- Outstream video ads– Standalone ads, requires wrapping around elements such as blog posts or different videos
- Instream video ads– Plays before, during or after video content within the video player site
- Interactive video ads– Pauses the current video you are watching, takes up the entire screen
Benefits of Video Ads Campaign
- Boosts reputation among users
- Increases traffic, as 4 billion videos are played on YouTube daily
- Increases brand credibility
- Builds up a popular brand image
- Boost’s product awareness
- Allows content performance tracking with ease
3# Display Network Campaign
Display ads appear on sites you are visiting on Google as an image or a pop-up banner on sides or at top of the landing page. This is popularly used with online shopping brands, so if you end up searching for a product on Amazon, you might spot such ads featuring similar online stores.
With attractive images and infographics, this type of campaigning is gaining popularity every day.
Benefits of Display Network Campaigns
- Easy to uncover business insights relevant to sales
- Attracting new customers through eye-catchy graphics and images
- Allows you to choose the suitable geographical location and targeting time span
- Increases brand awareness among target audience
- Captures user attention for longer period of time
- Effective remarketing possibility, 70% visitors are likely to convert through remarketing
4# Shopping Ads Campaign
You can spot this campaign on google search result pages, above the organic searches, showing the product along with title, images, carousels, price and store availability. Out of the other 4 types of Google Ads campaigns, this campaign focuses on the quality of images. It makes it stand out from the competition and helps in grabbing visitor’s attention.
Benefits of Shopping Ads Campaign
- Increases website traffic & leads, shows relevant product ads
- Increases quality traffic navigation
- Helps in an easy format of workflow with faster accomplishment rate
- Easy to manage shopping campaigns
- Higher conversion rates, compared to other Google Ads types
- Acts as strength of Ecommerce business
5# App Ads Campaign
App ads campaign are mostly used to increase leads and traffic to the app. It is the easiest way to promote apps by just adding a few lines of texts, assets and a bid. The rest of the ad is optimized according to the target audience.
Google Ads help in automating the bidding and targeting strategies in order to get the best value for each download. Through this campaign type, you can optimize your target audience easily to reach out to the valuable users based on actions, for instance, in-app conversions.
App Ads campaign not only appear on Google search but also other platforms such as-
- Google Search Partners
- Google Play Store
- Google Display Network
Benefits of App Ads Campaign
- Easy to set-up and manage
- Increases app downloads
- Ad optimization happens automatically
- Increases leads on website through proper graphics
6# Local Ads Campaign
Local Ads campaign focuses on bringing people to the physical stores and venue of the ad. It helps in promoting locations on different platforms in order to popularize the physical store. Local Ads appear automatically and are also optimized across various platforms such as Google Search, Display, Google Maps and YouTube.
Benefits of Local Ads Campaign
- Increases in-store personal sales by promoting inventory
- Promotes offers and events by sharing local event locations
- Offers detailed information about location such as business address, hours etc.
- Helps in multi-channel marketing such as exposure on several other platforms mentioned above
7# Smart Campaigns
Using smart campaigns promotes your ads in the quickest way possible. It is easy to get your ads up and running through this campaign. It requires you to enter your business to create dew ads and lets Google automate your campaign across the target audience to save your money and time.
Benefits of Smart Ads Campaign
- Increases Sales and Leads by boosting product sign-ups
- Easy to set-up, requires you to enter business info to create ads
- Effective and advanced optimization of ads targeting the audience
Choosing the correct campaign might seem like a difficult task, but it can make or break your advertising efforts.
So, even though you have a variety of ad campaign types to choose from, it is best to evaluate and trust the recommendation from Google Ads to choose your type!