Wix is a Do It Yourself (DIY) Website Builder like WordPress. It offers solutions for building Websites for people who are not familiar with coding. Users who are familiar with coding can create even bigger wonders with the DIY Website Builder. It also offers Website Hosting and Email services. Wix offers freemium options, meaning that basic features are available for free, but you have to pay for premium features. The company claims that it has over 180 million users worldwide, including free users. Wix is headquartered in Tel Aviv, Israel, and is listed on NASDAQ. The company was founded in 2006.
The Wix affiliate program targets publishers who can drive a high volume of traffic to the Wix website. Interested publishers can apply for affiliation on the Wix affiliates website. After the application is reviewed to comply with Wix’s requirements, Wix will confirm affiliation via email. Wix may reject any application for objectionable content on the publisher’s blog/website or social media channel or other reasons as per their policies.
Is Wix Affiliate Free?
Yes, becoming an affiliate with Wix is free and easy! All you have to do is create an account on their website. Once you’ve created your account, you can join the affiliate program by clicking on “Affiliate Program” in your dashboard. Then, in order to get started as an affiliate, you’ll need to be approved by Wix. Then all you need to do is add a link to your site that directs people back to wix.com when they click on it (see image below).
Wix offers USD 100 for every sale of a Premium subscription in its affiliate program. The Cookie life of the Wix affiliate link is valid for 30 days from the date the visitor first clicks on the link on the affiliate blog/website or social media channel. If the user cancels the premium subscription within 14 days or if Wix is required to refund the user, the affiliate won’t be entitled to any commission.
Features of the Wix affiliate program
- The Wix affiliate program is for affiliates who can generate a high volume of referred users.
- Affiliates are expected to deliver a minimum of sales every month to remain eligible for the Wix affiliate program. Influencers who cannot generate high volume sales can enroll in the Wix Arena program, which offers better-tailored options for such influencers.
- Affiliates have to earn a commission of at least 300 US dollars every month to be able to participate in the affiliate program; otherwise, Wix may terminate the affiliation contract.
- Affiliates whose contracts have been terminated can reapply only after 6 months.
- Affiliates are eligible for a payout only when they achieve the minimum target.
- Payouts are made for the amount earned in the previous month on the 15th business day of the following month. Affiliates are required to submit an Invoice.
- Wix allows you to earn as much as you sell. There is no cap on the amount of money you can earn. Affiliates must disclose to their audience that they may receive a commission for any sales generated through the affiliate link.
Wix Affiliate Program review
Let us analyze the Wix affiliate program from an affiliate’s perspective.
- The commission amount is high, and there is no capping on the commission that can be earned, which is good.
- The Cookie life of the affiliate link is 30 days, which is a long enough time frame for someone to decide on the purchase.
- Wix provides affiliates with an intuitive dashboard that allows them to monitor and track their own performance.
- The minimum target to monetize your earnings is three sales. So unless you generate three sales, you cannot monetize your earnings.
- Wix will terminate your affiliate contract if you do not achieve the minimum target of 300 USD per month.
How much do Wix affiliates make?
The amount of money you can make with the Wix affiliate program depends on how much traffic you send their way and the type of content your site publishes (blog posts, articles, etc.). The more traffic you send them, the more likely it is that they will convert into paying customers.
You’ll also receive a commission whenever someone signs up for one of their paid plans using an affiliate link.
Now that we know what Wix is and what their affiliate program looks like let us check out some reviews by existing affiliates. During our study, we came across a couple of very unsatisfied affiliates. It seems that the Wix Affiliate program customer service department has not been behaving in the most customer-friendly manner. There are complaints about the partial receipt of affiliate commissions and no response from the Customer Service team to affiliate complaints. We did not find any notable positive reviews, but with such a good commission, there is no reason why you should not try being an affiliate for a few months and experience the process.
The Wix affiliate program is one of the most lucrative affiliate programs available in the market. Because Wix has a global audience, publishers from all parts of the world should find it an interesting proposition. Publishers must also examine the advantages and disadvantages of other lucrative affiliate programs before making a decision. What matters is the amount of money you make through such programs, irrespective of whether the per-unit commissions are small or big.